Why wouldn’t you have PUBG? If for some reason you either don’t want it or can’t have it here are some similar games.
Not since Call of Duty 4 has the shooter genre seen a changeup like the one delivered by PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds. This title is part of a growing sub-genre of “battle royale” shooters, which feature large, elimination-style, multiplayer matches and survival mechanics that require you to scavenge for supplies.
Battlegrounds is still growing in popularity and will be coming to Xbox One later this year, but it’s not the only example of the genre out there. If you’re seeking more Battlegrounds-style action on either console or PC, here are the best battle-royale games you can play right now.
(Ratings by GamerMag)
- Fortnite Battle Royale (PC, PS4, Xbox One) … (9/10)
- Grand Theft Auto V: Smuggler’s Run (PC, PS4, Xbox One) … (2/10)
- Last Man Standing (PC) … (7/10)
- ARK: Survival of the Fittest (PC, PS4, Xbox One) … (6.8/10)
- Rust (PC, Mac) … (9/10)
- H1Z1: King of the Kill (PC) … (7.5/10)
- The Culling (March 2016; PC, Xbox One) (3/10)